Monday, November 15, 2010

"That's a cute idea, Tim, but...."

I shouldn't be doing this, but I'm going to anyway. I have anticipated a possible response to my creation of my Goal Wizard persona.


"That's a very nice idea, and it's kind of cute, but what exactly are you going to DO to make your concept a successful one?"


A good question. Let me say this. I'm in for the long haul, and not just to make a quick buck. While I want to make a profit and impact as many lives as I possibly can, I understand that it may take anywhere from two to five years of hard, hard work and careful planning if I want to see this concept take off.


There is much training and education I need to obtain myself. I need to learn to write a business plan. I need to see if my concept is feasible. I admit, I know more fundamentals of success than most people I know, but I'm very VERY far from where I need to be.


And the time will pass anyway. For 8 years of my life I was in a dead-end situation. I lived in halfway houses having to share a room and quarters with people I didn't want to be around, eating what I didn't want to eat, having little or no possessions of my own and flat broke and unemployable. But I endured and now I have work that is meaningful, I live in my own apartment, and I have greater freedom to-day than I had 8 years ago.


If I can pull myself out of a seemingly hopeless situation, then anybody else can, too. I have learned, and am still learning, tools and techniques that ensure my continued freedom.


So it will be more than just a dreamer in a funny hat. It will take discipline and the willingness to invest my time, money and effort into an education that will benefit not only myself and those I will serve, but also all those not yet born.


ACTION STEP: Ask yourself "Am I willing to do whatever it takes to achieve my BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal)?"


To Your Greater Success,
Tim 

No comments:

Post a Comment