Saturday, November 13, 2010

Surround Yourself With People Smarter Than You

I am grateful for all those people who are smarter than I am. The people @ Google for example, I depend on their search engine for my work as a coach; this blog hosting service, Blogger, I couldn't design or do code if it would kill me (though I'm not ruling out learning this in future); my supervisors @ my current job for knowing how to co-ordinate the workplace.


It can go on and on; the people who perform the music I listen to; grow my food; perform medical services...these people are indispensable and I must strive-and so must you-to be excellent at what I do so that when I'm gone it will be hard to find someone to fill my place.


The jobs I've performed in the past, when I've left someone can easily take my place-loading & unloading trucks, mopping floors, operating a cash register, stocking shelves. But what I'm striving for NOW is to provide a unique service, to positively impact the lives of as many people as I possibly can.


And surrounding myself with people smarter than I am and being grateful for them is key.


ACTION STEP: Make a list of all the services you depend on. Then list the people who do them and then ask yourself "How can I grow to be the one others depend upon?"


To Your Excellence,
Tim  

No comments:

Post a Comment