Friday, November 12, 2010

Not Taking Things Personally

Yester-day I went out grocery shopping. I had to take the bus to get home, and at the bus stop there were 12 other people waiting as well. Well, the bus came and it was already half full, and all the other people got seats...except me. I had to stand the entire time it took me to get home.


During the trip, I inwardly seethed, wondering how did I attract THIS? Why was it whenever there are lots of people riding the bus, I always end up standing? Etc., etc. Questions which I later reflected upon, that were really disempowering. 


Well, I got home and put my groceries away and then sitting down and then asking myself was it really that bad? Yes, you did have to stand, and you got home safely. Also, reflect on the fact that lots of people have to take the bus, ride bicycles and walk around. People are doing the best they can with what they have.


In Goal Setting you might find yourself frustrated at times. If things do not seem to go well for you, remember the 80/20 Rule I spoke about in an earlier post. Relax, put things in perspective, and just keep on keepin' on. 


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment