Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Be A Reverse Paranoid

About 12-13 years ago, I had a dream to get into the adult entertainment industry, to work behind the scenes in sales and distribution. So I figured the first step on this career ladder would be to get a job as a clerk in an adult video store. So I read the want ads in the newspaper every day and lo and behold a job came up that was what I thought I wanted.


So I went, filled out the application, fervently prayed for it, and nothing happened. So I figured, OK, another position would come up later on. Well, I wound up working in retail at another job, and I forgot about what I originally wanted.


It was only in later years that I realized that not getting what I had originally wanted was actually the best for me. The adult entertainment industry was not an area would've been comfortable or happy for me. The direction my life and career took was much, much better.


I have become a reverse paranoid. What does that mean? It means that I believe the world is plotting to do me good. Everything that happens to me that I consciously cause to create, all the people I meet, the circumstances that occur, everything is leading me to a better place. 


So to the owner of Bachelor Books I say "Thank you" for not hiring me.


ACTION STEP: Reflect on everything that has happened to you up to this point in your life. Are you grateful for the prayers that weren't answered?


To your greater achievements,
Tim 

No comments:

Post a Comment