Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pursue Passion, Not Money

The following is adapted from Episode 033 of The Goal Wizard Show for publication here.

Definition of "passion" from Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 11th Edition:

"intense or overwhelming feeling or conviction; a strong liking or desire for or devotion to some activity, object or concept; an object of desire or deep interest"

I am very fortunate now that I have meaningful work in life, but it wasn't always that way. I, like a lot of other people, had to settle for jobs that were miserable and soul-deadening. It took many years to wake myself up, and I've done it. 

To be trapped in a horrible job or line of work is a waste of time and life. Waiting for that day when you reach retirement age, or when you win the Lotto or the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes, or when your rich Aunt Agatha (if you have one) passes away and you inherit her fortune...do you really want to do that?

I have no easy answers if you're stuck on the hamster wheel of life. I thought 10 years ago that I wouldn't be able to work again, that I would receive a benefit check from the government and have to be on psychiatric medications the rest of my life, and I would live in a halfway house for the rest of my life. That's how low things got for me.

But I turned things around, utilizing the power of my faith in Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism (Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo) and Law of Attraction I was able to not only get a job, but also move out on my own(I was told repeatedly by those who said they had my "best interests" in mind that I couldn't do it) and now I have this blog, a Internet Radio Show and a small presence on Twitter.

Today I do what I love to do, and make a comfortable living. I am completely satisfied and I want more but I do not approach it from a feeling of need. When I focus on what feels good and detach my ego from needing achievement and results, I get what I desire. Funny how that works, huh? Earning money is good, and when I focus on enjoying the journey and being clear on the direction I want to go Life flows a lot smoother. Yes, there are going to be rough spots but I always keep the 80/20 Rule  in mind. 

So do what you must and LIVE!

Always Take The Red Pill
Tim

Listen to The Goal Wizard Show
Be my friend on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Contact me Here

No comments:

Post a Comment